- Provide context as much as possible.
- Use your instincts based on your experience.
- Take time to develop habits of collecting data to make the right decision.
- Choose data or your instinct based on the scope of the problem you are trying to solve.
How do you build High-performing teams?
- Reflect on previous situations.
- Hire good people.
- Train them and create a culture around training.
- Learning and building a team culture around learning.
The decision is a collaborative process with the team.
High-performing teams are very connected to the team's culture.
How to hire, right?
- Have clearly defined criteria.
- Write down the questions you want to identify the candidate on.
- Hire someone who fits on talent and culture more than high skills.
- Have ongoing training, such as tests every year.
- Debrief is an excellent way to learn, Like a football team watching a game video to understand what happened wrong.
Great vs. average people manager
Great managers they ...
- Care deeply about people as individuals (1on1)
- Put extra hours to support the people.
- Celebrate their success.
- Give them feedback.
- Create the right vision and direction for them (include them in the process)
- Take care and support them.