In this course, Ali speaks on the overall importance of having a side hustle such as a blog, YouTube Channel, or any crafting & creative passion that can become one day a business.
Why do you need to start a side project?
- Money in the long run
- It has an impact on the World.
Balance the need between Money and Fun
To start a side hustle, ask yourself the following:
- What I'm good at? what will the others say I'm good at?
- What do I enjoy?
- What audience or group of people do I belong to?
- What do I wish I had known 3, 4, or 5 years ago? to target your audience
- How can I combine all these to provide value and create my niche?
The key to success in your side hustle is to keep doing it constantly.
How to make time?
- Stop using "I don't have time," You have time, but you don't want to make time. It's your decision.
- Use time blocking techniques (I wrote an article on how to take control of your time).
- Use Productive Downtime: make time for unproductive things like reading while on the toilet, on the train, or listening to a book while on a bike.
How to motivate yourself?
- Shift your mind to think of discipline more than motivation.
- Create a shorter feedback loop (small successes increase our discipline)
- Have your identity shift: You are not trying to write; you are a writer.
How to be effective with time?
- Parkinson's law: limit your time to do things (specific time)
Parkinson’s Law is the idea that work expands to fill the time allotted for its completion.
- The Pareto principle (80/20)
The Pareto principle (also known as the 80/20 rule) is a phenomenon that states that roughly 80% of outcomes come from 20% of causes. More
- Make blockers in your calendar.
- Create an easy note-taking process.
- Create a pool of ideas to keep jumping in between.
- Create a parallel processing system to complete things in parallel.
- Create templates for things and include them in your process